I’m a designer and researcher with over 20 years experience leading design teams and working on high profile projects with well-known names including the Co-op, the UK Government, Pearson, and The Guardian.
My work helps organisations translate their aspirations and the needs of their customers, consumers and citizens into highly usable, compelling digital products – from websites to digital touch screens to mobile applications. Services that people enjoy using.
- I believe in getting in front of end-users early, and often
- I love collaboration with other designers, researchers and developers
- I enjoy working in agile and lean environments
- I love working in code
I’ve held leadership positions as:
- Head of Interaction Design at the Home Office
- Head of Digital Design at The Co-op
- Interim Head of Design at HM Revenue and Customs
- Interaction Design Director at Method
- Head of Consulting at Precedent
Since 2019, I’ve worked as an independent designer and I am part of the Public Digital network.
In 2013, I wrote Interviewing for research, a pocket guide to design research, with independent imprint Five Simple Steps.